Did You Know?: USDA statistics show that 89 percent of U.S. farms are small and operate on more than half (52%) of U.S. farmland.
- What Do GHG Emissions Reporting, Body Hydration, and Children under Five Have in Common? Milk!
- Prolonged Droughts Could Lead to Higher Cost for Bread
- Sustainability is a Business Imperative, says Euromonitor International
- Save the Date, 19 November: How Can Science Save Us?
- USSA FARMER SPOTLIGHT: Christine Gemperle, The Almond Board of California
- The Facts on Organic Agriculture
- More Action Needed to Achieve the SDGs by 2030
- Wine Quality Improves with Sustainability
Did You Know?: In the U.S. every dollar invested in agricultural research returns $20 to the economy.
- USDA Report: Technical Innovations Benefit Agriculture and the Economy
- EDF Guide Points the Way to More Sustainable U.S. Poultry
- USSA MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: Jennifer James, USA Rice Federation
- The Latest Facts on Beef
- Technology and Farming Practices Help U.S. Farmers Do More with Less, Finds USDA Report
- U.S. Firms are Cream of the Crop in World Economic Forum Tech Pioneers 2019
- Farmer Viewpoint: How AgTech Attracts International Buyers of U.S. Soy
Did You Know?: On U.S. dairy farms, water is typically safely reused as many as five or six times.
- Three Decades of U.S. Rice Sustainability
- U.S. Census of Agriculture 2017: Good News for Sustainability
- The Latest Facts on Dairy
- Innovative Consortium Tackles Food Loss and Waste
- New LCA Clarifies Sustainability of U.S. Beef
- Marketing Sustainability Makes Business Sense
- A Sustainable Future with AI
Did You Know?: U.S. rice farmers provide 35% of the food resources needed each year for migrating waterfowl in critical flyways in the U.S.
- The EU Adopts U.S. Soy Sustainability Assurance Protocol for Biofuels
- U.S.’ Largest Food Company and NGO Partner on Sustainable Food Strategy
- Maddie’s Sustainable Seafood
- 2019 Oxford Farming Conference
- Prioritizing Animal Safety in Ag
- U.S. Rice Fact Sheet
View February 2019 Newsletter: in English
Did You Know?: Some 50% of animal parts considered inedible by Americans are rendered into useful products such as soil conditioners and non-chemical fertilizers.
- Almond Board of California Invests $6.8 Million in Innovation Research Projects
- Corn Farmers & Environmental NGO Join for One-of-a-Kind Partnership
- Smart Irrigation Technology
- Sustainable Ag at Hultgren Farms
- Sustainability Policy Myth (hint: it’s not a “trend”)
- U.S. Rendering Fact Sheet
Did You Know?: Compared to 1960, United States’ egg producers use 32% less water to produce a dozen eggs.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Render: Tackling Food Loss
- Rendering & Leather Reduce Environmental Impact
- 5 Facts About Sustainable Ag
- EU Buys More US Nuts
- More than Soy Butter
- U.S. Poultry & Eggs Fact Sheet
Did You Know?: Peanut roots can reach two meters into the soil allowing access to large banks of water, thus reducing the amount of irrigation water needed.
- Science from the Field to the Benefit of the Planet: Action is NOW
- Here’s How America Uses Its Land
- Soil in Sustainability
- Cotton Farmer Focus [Video]
- Sustainability in Five Languages
- U.S. Peanuts Fact Sheet
Did You Know?: There are more than 19,500 organic operations in the U.S., representing an approximate increase of 250% since 2002.
- Farming: There’s an App for That
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy: 10 Years of Sustainability Achievement
- 100+ Years of Conservation
- Sustainability Myths & Truths
- U.S. Rice: Focus on the Farmer
- U.S. Organic Fact Sheet
Did You Know?: Every year, American hardwood forests store about the equivalent of 165 million tonnes of carbon dioxide, approximately equal to the energy used in 17 million homes in one year.
- Biotech Benefits Sustainability
- U.S. Dairy: Achieving High-Level Animal Care
- Rice Farmers Earn Recognition
- Women of Sustainable Farming
- Water in the Beef Supply Chain
- U.S. Hardwood Fact Sheet
Did You Know?: Dry beans are nitrogen fixers, meaning they return nutrients to the soil.
- U.S. Sustainability Alliance at UK’s Footprint Forum
- U.S. Sustainability Alliance Featured in Farmers Guardian
- Mitigating Climate Risk in Ag
- Consumers Think of Sustainability (survey)
- The Joy of Almonds is Bees
- U.S. Dry Beans Fact Sheet
- Sustainability Solutions Across the Country
- Organic Production Grows in the U.S.
- Cropland Map Helps Sustainability
- Changes to E.U. Farm Support
- Strengthening the Supply Chain
- U.S. Organic Fact Sheet
- Responsible Management of Sustainability
- Fostering Soil Health
- A Cornerstone of Agriculture
- Sustainable Wheat Farming
- Ag-Tech: A New Era
- U.S. Hide & Leather Fact Sheet
- Improvement is the Story of the American Farmer
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, Sonny Perdue talks with the BBC
- Water Quality is a Responsibility
- U.S. Cotton’s Sustainability Goals
- Responsible Lobster Harvesting
- 10 Facts about U.S. Agriculture
- The American Farmer’s Way of Life
- Sustainability is Here to Stay
- Soil on Both Sides of the Atlantic
- A Century and Counting of American Sustainability
- Soybean Oil Tires
- U.S. History of Conservation
Copyright © 2019 | The U.S. Sustainability Alliance, All rights reserved.
Permission to reprint information in whole or in part contained on the USSA website is granted, provided customary credit is given.
The U.S. Sustainability Alliance (USSA) is a group of American farmers, fishermen and foresters who have come together to explore and share our values, regarding sustainable practices and conservation programs.Contact Us